1-3 Dispatch On In-Stock Items
100% Genuine Quality Parts
Workshop Install Available
- VEHICLE FITMENT
WR12 G614One of our most popular products is the VWR Cold-Air Intake System kit, enabling cold, dense air from outside the engine bay to reach the fuel metering unit more efficiently for the 2.0 and 1.4 ‘TSI’ turbo engines and the 2.0 TDI in Golf 5/6 and other A5-platform models.
Our High-Flow TriFoam triple-layer construction is simply the best filtration material on the market, and is the key to the power gains achieved. Each filter is handmade in the UK. Some people forget that it’s what’s inside an intake system that really matters.
Developed for use in our Volkswagen Racing cars, the system delivers really impressive airflow gains. By reducing turbo spool by up to up to 500rpm in some cases through the enhanced efficiency of the system, lightning fast turbo response is guaranteed.
- TRIFOAM FILTER -Trifoam filter construction, triple-layer laminate of open-cell polyurethane foam, which gives an exceptionally high level of filtration = the very same technology as Formula One engines use.
- SIMPLE FITTING -All parts have been developed exclusively for 2.0 TSI, 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI engines – meaning that fitting is straightforward, and the original mounting points are retained.
- POWERGAINS -Efficient filtration and huge filter surface area means power and torque gains support higher power remaps, and an economy improvement.
- EXCEPTIONALQUALITY -Hand-built in the UK, using the highest quality materials and construction.
- SOUNDQUALITY -You’ll hear the rich induction noise from this race-bred intake as soon as you accelerate hard. However, as a fully-enclosed intake, volume levels are well-contained.
Through keeping intake temperatures as low as possibly, and greatly improving airflow into the engine, more power is produced, turbo lag is reduced and better fuel efficiency is achieved.
Turbocharger spool can drop nearly 500 RPMs, reducing turbo lag and creating faster turbo response.
Our development has shown that a high-flow intake system on the 2.0 TSI engine really gives worthwhile gains on uprated cars = so this intake is best combined with a remap.
Our testing on the VWR Cold Air Intake has given gains of around 5% more effective peak power compared with the standard factory air box. Testing on cars running higher power show further increased power/torque improvements from the Intake system, as the standard air box and filter reaches and exceeds its airflow limit.
As a race-bred intake system, the rich induction noise is clear as soon as you first accelerate hard. However volume levels are well-contained, and the sound quality is music to the ears of any enthusiastic driver!
The intake uses a fully-enclosed gloss black-anodised aluminium spinning which contains the high flow triple-layer cone filter.
The VWR Cold Air Intake integrates seamlessly with the factory management system to provide the perfect basis for modifying the car.
Stainless steel or plated screws, nuts and washers are used throughout the kit to enhance both appearance and durability = and of course to enhance the engine bay appearance.
Our TriFoam triple-layer laminate of open-cell polyurethane foam gives an exceptionally high level of filtration to protect the engine from contaminants in the air down to well below 5 microns, giving the highest level of filtration to protect your engine
All our filters are hand-built in the UK from the highest quality materials available.
The end result of our development is the exact Cold-Air Intake System that we use in our race cars, which also makes for one of the most popular and effective modifications for a road car.
VW GOLF MK5 (2005-2008) 1.4TSI 1K
VW GOLF MK6 (2008-2014) 1.4TSI 5K
VW SCIROCCO (2008+) 1.4TSI
Skoda Octavia II 2004-2013 1Z
Audi A3 2003-2012 8P (Use VWR120030PA)